New Semester Generates New Publication – The Campus Voice

campusvoice_crest.jpgFrom the smell of textbooks to the freshness of a new course, the fall semester exudes excitement. Unfortunately, and fortunately, the student-run publication was unavailable to students, faculty and staff at the beginning of this semester so that we (the Campus Voice) could bring Florida State College at Jacksonville’s newspaper out of the dark ages and into the 21st century. Gone are the days of outdated events on freshly printed paper. The new Campus Voice has become eco-friendly, fully online and linked to social media.

My name is Jessica Geraci, and I am the new Editor-in-Chief of the Campus Voice. I am proud of the effort, creativity and determination that “Team Campus Voice” has shown over the course of the summer to make this online newspaper possible. Despite the hold-up, I am sure that the content within this publication will scratch your campus and local news itch.

Team Campus Voice consists of eleven members, and each has unique talents to offer. We wear many hats and at times it can be stressful, but we all share the same passion of providing news college-wide. It is as much a part of this team’s duties to deliver the news, as it is the responsibility of you–the student–to remain updated on what’s happening. So, be sure to follow us on Twitter @thecampusvoice and Instagram at thecampusvoice, using our hashtag #fscjvoice.

We, Team Campus Voice, would like to welcome you to the future of this semesterly circulation, and look forward to continuing this tradition with you as you progress through your degree. If you wish to write a letter to the editor, and I encourage this, please do so by emailing it to campusvoice@fscj.edu.

Until next time,

Jessica Geraci, E.I.C.

Comment on this story

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

w

Connecting to %s